COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you access the Website, when you create, modify and use your Account, and when you submit or modify your loan application, and when you submit information through our paper or web-based forms, we collect information that is personally identifiable information or that is of a confidential nature (“Information”). Easly collects the information required to provide our services to you and we collect such information by clear, fair and lawful means.
The Information you supply to us may include, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as name, business name, email address, mailing address and phone number;
- financial information such as financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, business credit history, payment behavior, bank account information, and tax ID number;
- business and personal tax documentation;
- details of registrations of your business (e.g. HST number);
- information to enable automatic payments and transfers;
- business ownership information;
- unique identifiers such as user name and password, and IP address; and
- general information (i.e. non-personally identifiable information such as website-use information) that is automatically collected as you interact with the Site.
In addition to collecting information via our Website or by email, we may also contact you by phone or conduct a site visit to collect information and may also obtain other external data, for instance from credit reporting agencies and other vendors, as well as from social media, which information and data may be used to process your application, complete and manage transactions, and in connection with renewal of your loan.
Once you are an Easly customer and for a reasonable period of time afterwards, we may from time to time disclose your Information to other lenders and credit reporting agencies requesting such Information, which helps establish your credit history and supports the credit granting and processing functions in general. You may access and rectify any of your personal information contained in their files by contacting them directly through their respective websites www.consumer.equifax.ca and www.transunion.ca.
INFORMATION COLLECTED USING COOKIES
USE OF INFORMATION
Easly may use your Information for some or all of the purposes listed below:
- offering products and services;
- to help identify new clients;
- determining your eligibility for our products and services and direct you to their application that we think best applies to you;
- verifying your identity;
- processing your documentation and for ongoing administration purposes;
- to provide ongoing service
- researching your credit history, including obtaining credit reports about you from credit agencies, and to determine your eligibility for funding;
- facilitating activities and transactions that occur in connection with underwriting, lending, servicing and collections;
- registering you as a user and to identify you when you sign in to your Account;
- maintaining communications with you concerning your status as a borrower or your loan agreement or loan;
- implementing automatic payments and fund transfers and monitoring account activity in accordance with your loan and security agreements with us;
- contacting you if there is a problem with a your loan agreement or loan;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- communicating with you generally, including sending newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, or responding to your questions;
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to you at the time we collect such information;
- to develop and improve our website and improve customer service;
- information sharing with our Partners as described below; and
- other ancillary purposes relating to those listed above, or that are permitted or required by applicable law.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive promotional or marketing communications from us, please follow unsubscribe instructions provided in each of those communications.
You can also change your promotional or marketing communications consent preference at any time by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com.
ACCESS AND CHOICE
If your Information changes, if you would like to access your personal information stored by us, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial on our Website or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your information for only as long as reasonably useful for the commercial purposes described in this policy or otherwise disclosed to you, our business relationship with you, or as required by federal and provincial laws. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
In addition to affiliates with whom we may share the information you provide to us for the purposes we describe above, we work with service partners (“Partners”) to operate the Website and provide our services. Information is shared with Partners only to the extent necessary for them to perform their respective functions and purposes, including without limitation, the following:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide such Information to us or any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information to us;
- to support our business operations including, but not limited to, underwriting and application qualification requirements, customer services, fraud prevention, secure data storage, and other similar services; and
- to protect the confidentiality or security of your Information, to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability, or for resolving disputes or inquiries.
Our Partners are required to keep your Information private and secure, and not to disclose or use your Information for any other purpose.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, producing data analytics and other purposes.
By accessing our Website, you are deemed to consent to the disclosure of your Information for the above purposes.
We will not sell or rent Information to any third party unless you have given us your express consent, which may be withdrawn at any time.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Information that we collect from our users is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are part of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, or should any such transaction be proposed, your Information may be disclosed or transferred to third parties in connection with the transaction. If your information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with us to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Information.
LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
We reserve the right to disclose any Information collected by us to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary: (i) to satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or to respond to lawful requests; (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the rights, property and safety of third parties or the public in general; and (iii) to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
The security of your Information is a priority for us. We take steps to help safeguard your Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including physical security measures, electronic security measures, organizational processes and contractual obligations with third parties. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our Partners, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal Information we collect is kept electronically at our offices or on our hosted servers or those of our service providers.
However, please note that no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We accept no liability if communications are intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered or not delivered. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Information, your computer and to exercise caution when using shared devices.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information we need to help us answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in our customer research. The information obtained through our customer research is used to help us continue to provide excellent service.
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policies and practices related to the management of your Information. You may contact us at any time with questions, comments or complaints by visiting our Contact Us page.