Developed with you in mind.
Whether you're new to the SR&ED tax credit program or a repeat applicant, our goal is to enhance your experience and maximize your benefits with our Capital-as-a-Service platform.
Optimize your SR&ED refunds, with Easly.
How it works
Select a Tax Credit Program
Finance your SR&ED expenditure on our Capital-as-a-Service platform.
What is SR&ED eligible?
Not all R&D is necessarily SR&ED. To qualify, there must be a scientific or technological uncertainty involved in achieving an objective. This uncertainty must be approached with a systematic investigation involving the formulation and testing of hypotheses.
SR&ED work falls into one of these three categories:
- Basic research - work undertaken for the advancement of scientific knowledge without a specific practical application in view.
- Applied research - work undertaken for the advancement of scientific knowledge with a specific practical application in view.
- Experimental development - work undertaken for the purpose of advancing technology in order to create new, or improve upon existing, materials, devices, products or processes.
Other work that directly supports SR&ED can also qualify as eligible expenditure. Eligible support work includes engineering, design, operations research, mathematical analysis, computer programming, data collection, testing or psychological research.
The following types of work are not generally considered SR&ED eligible:
- Market research or sales promotion
- Quality control and routine testing
- Research in the social sciences or the humanities
- Prospecting, exploring or drilling for, or producing, minerals, petroleum or natural gas
- The commercial production of a new or improved material, device or product
- Style changes
- Routine data collection
Use our calculator to get a good idea of the value of your SR&ED expenditures.